Sunday, February 8, 2009

Working on the itinerary...

I've spent quite a bit of my weekend working on the itinerary for the trip. I made enough progress to enter it into a Word document for the first time! It includes flight info, hotel info, and basic info on places we plan to visit. Oh yeah, also basic geocache info for nearby caches, too. (As usual when planning caching for a trip, I bring info on more caches than I plan to find, just so I have it if I need it...) It also has transportation info - I've figured out that a carnet of Metro tickets will probably be enough for my (Sat. - Fri.) week in Paris. I'll still have to purchase RER tickets separately for Versailles and CDG airport though.

I'm beginning to get a good enough feel for Paris that, as I read through the itinerary, I can actually imagine being there. Less than six weeks to go, I can hardly wait!

No word from Scott today, though we usually hear from him on Sunday afternoons. I hope he hasn't been deployed early... he's not scheduled to go until the end of this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment