Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Blue and Gold

It's been a very busy week so far for me. At work, I now have two additional children to care for: an almost two year old girl, who has been with us before, and her three month old sister. It's a whole new world again to take care of a wee little one! We're getting into a routine, but definitely no down time for Miss Mary!

Last night, I was invited to a Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet. This is a celebration of the anniversary of scouting and also included an Arrow of Light ceremony and crossover to Boy Scouting for the 2nd year Webelos scouts. This was the pack that I started out as a Cub Scout Den Leader in so it was nice to be there once more. They showed a slide show of their scouting year. Seeing all those happy, excited Cubs (both in the slide show and in person) reminded me of why I am still a part of Cub Scouting (as a Cub Roundtable Commissioner anyway.)

I have a few concerns about how some of the awards were handled, but am thinking about whether or not it would be wise to "ruffle the feathers" so to speak. Would want it to come across as constructive comments but realize they could be taken the wrong way if not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment