Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wonderings...Scott, Germany, Paris, MIJE

Wonderings...
It's sounding more likely that Scott will not be changing his address to Iraq any time in the near future, if at all. Looks like I'll get to go to Germany after all! I'm more ok with that than I was in my last post (not at the part about seeing him, of course, the part about not having as much time in Paris.)

I'm looking at my Paris itinerary and am going to start to tweak it, both the parts with my sisters and otherwise. I'm thinking about staying in Paris through the weekend, then going to Germany on Monday and spending time with Scott (if he'll have me!) until Thursday night, then returning to Paris and taking my flight out the next morning. I'll have to see how much Germany info I still have as I did take off lots of my bookmarks, etc. when I thought I wasn't going to go. Plus figure out the trains again, at least I should be able to tap into the actual schedule as we're only six weeks out now.

Something that has added to the thought process is that I did NOT get into MIJE. I got my reservation in as early on Wednesday morning as I could (was 6 p.m. on Tuesday our time) and received word back that they were fully booked. Not sure how that could be but nonetheless it's not gonna happen. I realize that they also cater to school groups so that could be why, as individual reservations aren't accepted until 45 days out.

I'm still not thrilled about the Young and Happy. So I'll probably look for something else if I can get it. But hanging on to that reservation for now, just in case.

Just when you thought your trip was pretty much in place... guess it pays to be flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment