Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tweaking the trip a bit...

Thought I'd finally post a picture of us three sisters (vintage of course) that are going on the trip. Debbie is the tallest and oldest, I'm in the middle, and Judy is the little one between us. This would be Christmas in about 1965, I think, at our Grandma's house.


I'm thinking about starting to tweak our itinerary. London will now be including a trip on the London Eye as Debbie really wants to go on it. Sigh. I wasn't all that geeked about it so decided not to put it on the itinerary; waiting to see if one of my sisters wanted to go. Well now one does so no problem, we'll get it in there somewhere. Our London time will be busy!





Also looking at Paris again. With the almost certain knowledge that my six days alone will most likely be just two extra days (and perhaps will have Scott along, too!) I'm looking at what things I really want to do the most and what things can wait for another trip (hopefully someday!)





What comes to mind first is Sacre Coeur. The view is great, but the building itself doesn't seem quite as spectacular as others and the neighborhood doesn't seem all that wonderful. I'm thinking there are other places I'd rather go to before that, especially if I have to leave out some of my original plans. I've learned a lot about Paris since I originally made up my itinerary! Have to think about it anyway. The Marais may be a bit more authentically "Parisian" as far as neighborhoods, perhaps the Places des Vosges instead of the Place du Tertre? Dunno. Waiting for Scott to get some more definite confirmation of his schedule which he'll try to get on Tuesday. I definitely still want to go to Versailles, so looks like that will be on the agenda for Sunday of my Paris time.





Mom and Aunt Martha have been to London now and sounds like they're having a great time! They confirm the need to pack lightly as you're having to haul your luggage up and down stairs at the underground especially. I have no problem with that! My suitcase has backpack straps for when I need to carry it.





They also suggested wearing surgical masks on the flight over. Good in theory but for a somewhat claustrophobic person like me, just isn't gonna happen. No way. Being in a plane for 7-9 hours gives me enough pause. The ends outweigh the means in that case. But small space COMBINED with something covering my nose and mouth that long. No.





E-mailed both my sisters in response to e-mails from them. In just five weeks we'll be in London! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment