Thursday, February 12, 2009

Clarification AND another geocaching trip

I just read my last post. Want to make sure that my reader or two understands that I am meaning that I am more ok with less days in Paris and seeing Scott in Germany, not the other way around.

Decided to make this a new post, though, because I realized that I've never posted about my latest wanderings. Monday morning, I had a bit of extra time so decided to do some quick geocaching. Originally, one cache was hidden in an urban area overlooking the interstate through downtown. Figured I'd get it eventually. Next I found out about another cache on the same road. Then, a THIRD cache was published for the same road. This made it worth the trip even though they were all micro-sized caches. So I planned a trip for sometime this week. Then, over the weekend a FOURTH cache was published across the interstate in the same area. So checked the caches Monday before I left and was reminded that there was yet another cache close enough by, that became my first stop of five in just over a half hour.

The finds were all relatively simple, my hardest part was finding parking on that street where the three caches were. Spaces were at a premium, glad I wasn't at any of the locations more than a couple of minutes. Chalk up five more finds for me, I think I'm at 1472 now. I'm glad that I have most of these winter urban caches done now, at this pace I would definitely get to 1500 before the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment