Saturday, February 21, 2009

Residence Vauvilliers

I have spent part of the afternoon searching on the web for an economical single hotel room in Paris, as a substitute for the MIJE room that was not available. I've made a reservation at the Residence Vauvilliers in the 1st arr. It's a single room with shower in room, WC in the hall. Small place with 14 total rooms, total price is just a bit less than I would have paid at the MIJE.

Reasonings: I was still a bit uncomfortable with the idea of sharing a 5-bed dorm at the Young & Happy (my fallback reservation.) Somewhat with security issues, but just as much because I'm a pretty light sleeper these days and not sure if I could adjust. Yes, I know I'll be sharing a room with my 2 sisters. They're family, I think I can manage.

Anyway.... I did not have to put down any deposit and can cancel without penalty up to 48 hours in advance. This becomes important as you read on.

Scott will have two weeks notice (so he says) before any possible deployment. I'm interpreting that to mean that, if he hasn't been given notice by the middle of March (a week before I leave) then he'll still be around the last week of March/first week of April when I'll be in Paris. IF he's available, I still wanted to spend the weekend in Paris. I'll be able to change this reservation to a shorter time if need be. If he won't be around, I have what I want for the entire six nights that I'd be there.

As far as transportation, I've resigned myself to the fact that it'll have to be relatively last-minute and probably more expensive. UNLESS Scott drives over to Paris in the Blazer? I can't worry about that right now.

I spent some time last night organizing my possible geocaches for the trip. I know I won't get to many of them, but I want to be prepared for the possibilities. I should be all set other than checking the site the week before I leave to see if there are any more new ones, or that any of these have been archived.

One month from today, right now, I will be at the Gerald R. Ford International Airport, checking in for my flight to Chicago, which will connect me with my flight to LONDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait (as if you couldn't tell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment