Saturday, February 14, 2009

The last few days


Yesterday was my half day Friday so of course I left work and did a little geocaching. I finished up a series (the "out" series) of caches and picked up a few others as well - 7 in all. I was at the library by 3 ish to use the high speed before going home to meet the rest of the family and go to my father-in-law's for his birthday.


Was in the midst of logging my caches when my mom called me on Skype from London. Was great to talk to her but a little awkward as I was not in a study room, just out in the library itself. Had to keep my voice down as the library where I was at was not a really "noisy" library. After our skype talk, I finished logging caches then watched last night's Survivor premiere episode for the new season. I don't even worry about setting the VCR for Survivor when I'm gone for Roundtable or other reasons now - just catch it on cbs.com the next day or so!


Roundtable went well the night before - we had a decent turnout and lots of fun during the evening. One of the best parts was our song "If I Weren't a Cub Scout" which went over really well! The theme for March is "When I Grow Up" which made that song fit right in. I stopped at the super WalMart in Greenville on the way home and ended up finding a mini-backpack that my netbook fits right into - works really well to transport the netbook with less bulk than my DVD player case that I bought when I first got the netbook. I also have a neoprene sleeve to protect it inside the backpack.


My father-in-law's birthday went well. He just wanted to have cake and ice cream, so we (Steve, Eric, and I) went to Subway to grab a quick dinner, then went to his house for cake and ice cream as well as presents. Scott had sent him a beer stein from Germany and we bought him some military books which he seemed to enjoy.


This morning (Valentines Day!) Steve is at work (not by his choice...) and Eric is also working. He left our treats before he left, though - Scott had sent him funds to get candy and flowers from both of them. I'm going to try to post the picture of the flowers here, they are pretty nice! Steve and I have yet to exchange - I got him candy plus a HUGE poster print of his favorite non-human love - his four motorcycles. Hope he likes it.


Hope all of my one and a half readers have a great Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment