Friday, January 16, 2009

Two worlds of worry, mom-style

It's 11:40 p.m. Do I know where my children are? One is in Germany, of course, and the other is a bit AWOL. He was gone before we got up this morning, he was to go with a friend to his doctor appointment in Detroit, then come back and go to work. Last night he was home by 10 after working - not home yet, no word.

When the roads are bad, I worry even more. Eric is a good driver, but the roads are still bad because of the extreme low temps and I worry more about the other guy hitting him. Wish I knew he was safe, he usually calls by midnight if he's not yet home so hope he follows through.

He doesn't understand a parent's worry. I suppose I didn't, either, at his age. I don't worry nearly as much about Scott (on a day-to-day basis anyway) since he's not at home. But Eric still lives here, so I'm probably going to continue to worry until he is settled in his own place someday. Love you, Eric!

Then it'll be more long-term worry like it is with Scott. Of course, knowing your son is headed for a war zone in a month is a whole different world of worry... even though he'll be in the rear in a support role.

No comments:

Post a Comment