Saturday, January 10, 2009

Farewell to the Outback

I spent most of the day today just recovering from a bit of a stomach bug that found me. Feeling much better tonight though. Nothing exciting happened so guess I'll give you a Subaru update.

The insurance did total it out after Eric drove it through a flooded roadway two weeks ago tomorrow. (It's still Saturday night as I'm typing, don't know if it'll post before midnight or not...) This was mainly due to the fact that water got into the car interior. Not much, but enough. This plus the ruined engine equals no more Outback. This one, anyway. We're going to get about $8700 (I think) from the insurance. Steve went to the Subaru dealer and found another Outback, a year newer, with bigger engine, for just around $8000. Only drawback is that it has 140,000 miles. The old one had about 85,000 (I think.) It has been completely maintained by the dealer, so hopefully it will work out well. You never can know for sure when you haven't taken care of the car from the start. Steve and Eric will pick it up on Monday.

The Outback was the car I drove for probably 2-3 years; I still miss it as it was a smaller car but with all wheel drive. Oh well. It IS just a car, after all. Eric wasn't hurt in the incident, that's what counts the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment