Friday, January 9, 2009

I survived the trip to Roundtable...

Since I'm able to write this morning, I obviously survived the trip to Greenville last night! As I left work at 5:30, it was snowing lightly. Just what I DIDN'T want! The trip there wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, both 131 and M-57 were pretty much just wet with little snow cover until almost to Greenville. Roundtable itself went well. A little bit lighter attendance than usual, the weather was probably the deciding factor. The trip home was a little bit more difficult. I know Lincoln Lake Rd can be a bear in bad weather - lots of hills and curves plus it's just a county route, though a main North-South road for the east side of the county. The road had some snow pack but overall wasn't too bad. I had no traffic following me all the way down which helped quite a bit, I didn't feel bad about going slower than some would have. (within MY comfort zone!)

I learned a lesson yesterday about dry ice. I bought some on Wednesday night for a ceremony at Roundtable. My thinking (wrong, yeah I know better now) was that since the garage was below freezing, the ice would be ok out there overnight. Loaded the car yesterday morning and found an empty bag. Yep, it evaporates when it's not contained. Lesson learned. I thought that I'd just pick up more at the Meijer in Greenville, but they didn't have any, so I had to present the ceremony without it. I shared my newfound knowledge about dry ice, too!

It was a quiet afternoon before I left for Greenville. I only had one child, who took his nap. I had some computer work to do anyway, then got to IM with my sister in Wisconsin. She's been reading about London and Paris! I'm excited about that because it is the first I've heard from either of them about the trip directly. She wants to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace (a given) plus visit Harley dealers for t-shirts. Doable provided she knows where they are, I guess. Probably not my top choice but I'm flexible. She also thinks another idea of mine, which I'm not sharing here because I know she reads this blog (Hi, Mom!) is excellent and we'll do our best to pull it off.

I have to get ready for work now. More snow expected today so the drive to work should be ok, but the drive home may be another story. If the snow comes as expected, I will most likely NOT be doing any caching this afternoon! Besides, I have a date with a Christmas tree that stubbornly refuses to let me take it down...it's been a busy week getting ready for Roundtable, I'll stick to that story!

No comments:

Post a Comment