Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday. Start of a new week. Hope it turns out better than the end of the last one did! I didn't get to go to the Michigan Geo-Rally which was held yesterday. I was feeling better from my Saturday "bug" but not quite up to going yet. I did get a consolation prize of sorts today though - all of the temporary caches from the event (I think there are 16...) were turned into regular caches so 16 more new caches to find! There's a storm coming this evening so I didn't go for any of them after work but I do have that to look forward to.

I did finish getting all the Christmas stuff packed and down to the basement yesterday. I still have to get it all back under the stairs but that won't take long. I also tried to load the Rick Steves mp3 tours in Paris onto my mp3 player without any luck. So yesterday when I was out (I did go to church even though I didn't feel quite up to going to the rally) I stopped at Meijer and there was a store brand mp3 player, 2 gb, on sale for $20. So I bought one and was able to (I think, haven't tested it yet) load them onto the new mp3 player. This one is smaller with twice the capacity. So should be a good thing, provided it works.

This morning I had planned to go to the Cascade library to drop Eric off so that he was close to the Subaru dealer. This so Steve could pick him up there (without going all the way home first) and go get the "new" outback. They're not home yet so hope it's all going ok. Anyway, I ended up not having to take him since his friend picked him up and was going to drop him off at the library. I decided to go anyway, though, and got an anti-virus update and a few other things done.

A quiet afternoon at work with just my little guy. He was in a great mood and we had a good afternoon. Now I'm home, before the anticipated storm which could escalate into a blizzard with the winds and wind chill. Eric just got home and I went out to see the "new" outback. Very nice looking, has all the bells and whistles that the old one did, plus dual moon roofs and leather seats. The old owners upgraded to a Tribeca, according to Eric. The car is still in Steve's name (it would have been in mine too if I'd been there to sign the new title) as that lowers the insurance rate for Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment