Sunday, May 17, 2009

Get a Clue (times 22)


My friend Carolyn and I went off on another geocaching adventure on Friday. I met her at the park & ride by the interstate at 7:45 a.m., and off we went for the area south of Lansing. Our plan was to find (hopefully) all of the new geocaching series, "Get A Clue" which would be 22 caches, and a few others along the way. Each of the GAC caches had a clue that said "not the XXX" which were caching places, types of hides, and hide containers. By process of elimination (think the board game, Clue) you ended up with coords for the final cache. We did find all 21 of the regular caches and then the final, too.




Many of the caches were in cemeteries. As long as it is not a hide that is disrespectful to the "residents" it's ok. Not my first choice of hide location, but ok. The final was in Mason, south of Lansing. We first went west and southwest of Mason, then went across south of Mason, through Leslie, then up to Danville which is southeast of Mason. We did some in that area, then headed up to Mason where we did a few more, then to the final. The final gave us the most trouble, there was a decoy hide and the final ended up being very close by but cleverly hidden so we had to search for a while. Plus, a light rain was starting by then. After that, we started towards home but did seven park & grab caches on the way, in Mason and Holt. 37 caches was the final count for the day. Started about 9 a.m. (by the time we got down to the area) and found the GAC final at 5 p.m. Got home about 7:15 p.m.




Carolyn is getting better at finding caches, she can't say I haven't shown her a variety of hides! I also found my #1600 milestone cache in the afternoon. That's what's pictured above.




And I'm gonna do it all again tomorrow. My last Bear (Brian) is getting his beads tomorrow night in Holland. I don't have to work again (my little guy is on vacation with his parents) so am planning to spend the whole day caching in Holland (Michigan for those long-distance readers.)




After that I'm probably not going to do so much in the way of all-day caching out of town for a while. My hours will be cut back as of the first of June, and I won't be working on Fridays. So that will limit things.




Talked to Scott yesterday - he has to report at 10 a.m. tomorrow his time

No comments:

Post a Comment