Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday in London


I posted yesterday's blog earlier this evening at McDonald's with the free wifi. Discovered back in the room that I can get a signal from the hotel across the street. So posting today's now...

We got up, and after breakfast took the tube to Tower Hill station and went to the Tower of London. Crowds weren't too bad when we were first there but it was pretty busy by the time we left. Lots of school kids on field trips and also groups of foreign teenagers. Saw the crown jewels and the towers. Eric would have really enjoyed it, too! I found a cache nearby, too.

After the Tower of London we made our way to St. Paul's Cathedral. Awe-inspiring. But as I told my sisters, it doesn't compare to what Heaven will be like. After St. Paul's, we made the journey by tube to the SW part of London as Debbie wanted to get to the Harley dealer to buy t-shirts. It took a couple of transfers and then a hike of probably a half mile each way but we got it done. Very nice place for a Harley place.

Back to Paddington after stopping to shop at a Sainsbury's market - we found little tiny cans of diet coke and other interesting English items. We also were trying to sort out Debbie's debit card as it had been denied. At McDonald's we contacted our mom by Skype and she used her calling feature (which I don't have on my Skype) to contact Debbie's bank and get it straightened out. It works now so that's good.

Back to the hotel where I did hand laundry, hope it's dry by morning. We do actually have a trouser press in the room so suppose I can try that in the morning to help things along. We're sorting out stuff and getting ready to travel by Eurostar to Paris tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment