Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The moment of truth...

The moment of truth...tonight, I packed my suitcase pretty much for real. Weighed it at 26.5 pounds. That's not going to be all that light on my back. Do-able. But not all that light. I wrote "pretty much" because I will probably look it all over again tomorrow (it's just past midnight as I'm blogging) and possibly lighten that a little. Dimensions-wise I should come out ok. Not a lot of room to spare, but ok. Thank goodness for compression bags and compression straps on my convertable suitcase. It has a handle to carry as a regular bag plus backpack straps. I specifically wanted one like this as the wheels add weight/dimensions to the suitcase and wheels are no good going up/down stairs as in metro stations, etc. By the end of the trip I'm betting I'll either have loved it or hated it.

Relieved to report that my train tickets from Paris to Trier arrived today, via UPS 2nd day air. Everything looks to be in order. Now just three more days of work and the next day, off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment