Monday, April 6, 2009

Life is headed back towards normal...

Life is definitely headed back towards normal - if there is such a thing! Went back to work today. I had anticipated some changes in my future work schedule and did find out my hours will be cut in about half by June. Not the good way to start off after a vacation but what can you do?

It's spring break week around our area - so that means many of my weekly calendar-fillers are not going on this week. No scouts - no Awana. But it is roundtable week so I'm finishing up my prep for that. It won't be my usual Cub Scout prep, though - I am doing a session on Geocaching at the Boy Scout RT.

Also working on final plans for the spring outdoor leader training course coming up in a few weeks. Ted (my co-chair) and I talked tonight and things seem as well under control as they can be. We have some facility changes because of the dining hall collapse last winter but the details seem to be working out.

Jet lag is still there but not as bad as the last few days. Hope it's about finished!

Heard about an earthquake in Italy this morning - right in the general area where my mom and aunt are at... but they didn't feel anything as they were traveling TO Rome at the time. They're ok, nonetheless. Apparently I wasn't the only one to contact them, concerned, as they both sent out e-mails tonight assuring everyone that they are ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment