Thursday, July 22, 2010

200th post

Noted that my last post was #199 - so this one makes #200! I started this blog a few months before I went to Europe with my sisters, and at first it was basically a travel blog. It has evolved from there, though, and now more of my wonderings are includes as well as my wanderings.

Today, I'm at the house of two of my Noogieland friends. Noogieland is beginning some structural changes today, and I offered to watch the two kids at their home because it would be easier all around. They're both sleeping right now, and I brought my netbook on the off chance there would be a wireless signal around. It's low, but it's there.

Home life is about to get more exciting with Scott coming home on leave in ten days. I don't expect we'll see a lot of him as he has many places he wants to go and people he wants to see. Steve leaves, probably Saturday, for his trip on the BMW to a rally in Vermont. I would have really liked to go with him (well, the trip anyway. Not so much the rally) but as the BMW doesn't perform as well two-up, I opted not to go. I'm looking forward to a week of just Max and me. Could be some caching involved, I don't know... ok, there WILL be caching involved as soon as Scott's room has the scout stuff cleared out of it. You see, I didn't request next week off but I have it off anyway as both Noogieland parents opted to take vacation that week and I wouldn't have any kids even if Noogieland was operational.

Max is getting along well with his summer haircut. He doesn't look like the same dog unless you're looking at him in the face - there's Max in there! I'm almost thinking the shorter haircut is a better thing, easier maintenance. But it's not a traditional Havanese look and we'll see how long it takes to grow back out. He is pretty good now at letting us know when he has to go outside - sometimes a false alarm but very few accidents these days. He enjoys tearing through the house from one end to another - sometimes fetching one of his mini tennis balls, sometimes carrying the ball, sometimes just running. His humping behavior has lessened considerably, but he still loves tearing up paper when he gets ahold of it.

Relationship wise things are so-so. We're still more like roommates, but I'm learning to trust in whatever God's plan is for our marriage. Not always easy. Will be interesting to see what a week apart does for us. My counselor is a Godsend (literally) in helping me deal with things. I'm not so sure about Steve's counselor. Steve doesn't feel like he's helping him much. But that's Steve.

Well, the baby is waking up so I'll have to close. Here's to the next 200 posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment