Friday, September 11, 2020

rediscovering an old friend

At work and between patients the other day.  Googled "RedhedMary" just for fun.  The link for my old blog came up, I'd pretty much forgotten about it.  It was way cool to go back to the beginning and read again about my two trips to Europe, my trip to Japan, and other fun things.  Also stuff that wasn't so fun but good reminders.

I'm thinking I may just start writing in the blog again.

Quick re-introduction:   I've been working at Spectrum Health's Beltline Integrated Care Center (hereafter in the blog known as the BICC) since 2017, registering Urgent Care patients.  These last six months have been quite the journey, though, as the world is in the midst of a pandemic due to the COVID-19 virus.  I can truthfully say that working in health care during a pandemic was NOT on my bucket list!

Steve retired a few years back, but is not taking retirement well, especially after the pandemic started.  He is the typical grumpy old man....

My stepdad died in July 2017, just after I started at Spectrum Health.  Hurricane Irma hit Florida that fall, and did quite the number on her trailer.  She eventually moved to Indiana, lived near Indianapolis for about a year, and then moved to Michigan to be near me.  She was living in a place called Pilgrim Manor, assisted living but at zero level of car (basically independent.)  When COVID hit, she was confined to her room as were the other residents.  When a new resident was admitted, COVID positive, after the lockdown began, she wanted out - who could blame her?  She moved in with Steve and I, and will move back into her own place next week, in a senior retirement apartment community.

Scott is still in the Air Force, after Japan he was back to Korea for a year, this time at Osan AB.  Then came a move to Lakenheath, England, where he was reunited with Marty and they have lived off base in Beck Row.

Eric and Trina were married in June, 2017, and are doing well (but no grandbabies yet...)   Eric is a critical care nurse for Spectrum Health at Blodgett Hospital, and Trina is still working part time at Pine Rest while studying for her Medical College Admission Test retake (MCAT.)

Max is 11 now, slowing down some but still a lively and loved companion to us both.


No comments:

Post a Comment