Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My baby is back where he belongs (for now)

Now that I'm finally caught up on my Mackinac blogs, I can share the good news that Scott is finally back in Germany at his home base. He called us last night from Spangdahlem. Didn't get to talk as long as I'd have liked (and Steve missed his call altogether) but it was great to hear from him. He ended up staying in Qatar for six days while waiting for the flight back to Germany. He got to go on an off base tour while there and saw the Arabian Sea. His swim in the Arabian Sea was cut short, though, by some nasty jellyfish.

While in Iraq, there were mortar attacks (not allowed to talk about them while there) and some came very close. He was in his shop, though, which is a fortified concrete bunker. Still chills me to think of it though.

I am very thankful that he is out of the war zone. Hope he doesn't have to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment