Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meandering to Mackinac, Day 3


Friday, September 25

Woke up in the cabin after a restless night. Hard to get to sleep next to someone besides Steve, I guess. Had breakfast prepared for us, then helped to do some last minute set up in preparation for the scouts arrival. After everything was done, I had some free time so did some caches in Mackinaw City and towards Cheboygan. 11 caches in all (oh, and 21 yesterday. Forgot to mention that.) Among them was my #2100 milestone, just 3 1/2 weeks after my #2000.


Then back to the campground, where we changed into our scout uniforms and the scouts started arriving at 3 p.m. We had charge of the "yellow" color group, which meant showing them where they were to camp in the yellow area, making sure they unloaded and then took their vehicles to the parking area, and knew the schedule for the weekend. Our last group made it in about 11 p.m. Then I went to talk to the Venturing group about geocaching on the island - I'd made two routes for them to follow while on the island. Then off to the cabin for a better night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment