Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A healthy progress!

Last Wednesday was my checkup, the "deadline" so to speak as to my showing some improvement or my doctor was going to consider adding insulin to my treatment plan for my diabetes. Since I've been doing so well, I was looking forward to this visit!

As of last Wednesday, I was at 149.5 lbs., which gave me a loss of 19 pounds. I didn't expect my A1C (an average measurement of blood sugar levels for the previous 3 months) to show dramatic improvement since it was a 3 month average, not a 6 week average. But, nonetheless, I went from a 7.5 on August 4 to a 6.3 on October 6! Excellent. My doctor was very pleased and I should keep up the good work, which of course I plan to do.

And an update a week later (it's been so busy I haven't had a chance to blog lately...)

My weight this morning was at 147.5. Only two pounds for the week, but it's coming off slowly which is better for permanent loss. And I had some challenging eating situations during the week, too.

Fasting blood sugar continues to be in a healthy range.

No comments:

Post a Comment