Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 days left until Christmas

Winding down, only 12 days until Christmas. The weather did improve yesterday, though Sargent Avenue is still a mess. So since I had a few errands, I expanded the "few" and went out to get some Christmas shopping finished.

First stop was a bookstore, looking for something for Eric. No luck. Then to Cost Plus World Market - had seen an Eiffel Tower ornament in their ad that I wanted. No luck there though I did find one that wasn't glass like I wanted. Also found a similar Big Ben so bought them both anyway. Also some stocking stuffers and my favorite, maple sugar candy. Yep, know I don't need it but bought one anyway. Bought a gift each here for Steve and his dad, ended up selling them to Eric to give to them.

Then to another bookstore nearby where I didn't find what I was looking for but did find a couple of books that I ended up "selling" to Eric to give to Scott.

Then made stops at a couple of sporting goods stores since we were looking for a particular pair of Nike socks that were on Scott's Christmas list. He had provided a link but the Nike store apparently doesn't ship to APO, wanted $8 to ship one pair of socks, so I told Eric I'd look locally. Well, no luck locally, and no luck with other online sources. So Scott won't be getting this particular style of running socks, sorry about that.

Stopped at Bed, Bath, and Beyond - no luck finding anything there though I did sit and have a nice massage in the demo chairs.

Ended up at Target next. Had to buy soup for Steve and pick up a prescription for me (my original "errands") and did some shopping there as well. Last stop ended up being the Hallmark store. I had a $5 off coupon good on anything so bought some individual Christmas cards for a lot less than usual!

So it ended up that most of my day turned out to be doing Eric's Christmas shopping! He doesn't have much of a budget this year because of school expenses, etc. and not much time either with finals starting this week. So since I found some presents that fit his budget, I was glad to help him out. He'd have picked out similar things had he had the time, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. Loved catching up on your blogs...you write so well. Wish I had time to send you some unexpected gifts. But just had a thought. Ask Eric to look around the house and wrap up things that he thinks are important to you...the surprise would be to see how well he knows you as you open the surprise gifts... fun ?? I think it might be...you might all three do the same thing Phil does the same to me..gave him a list and said that he better not get everything on it... only a few items. Love & hugs, Mom p/s he could figure out what he wants to wrap and then wrap them at the last minute.. kind of like the White Elephant gifts that we ladies give at our Xmas parties. The fun part is unwrapping the unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'd wrap up my GPS, that's for sure! Good talking to you last night.

    ReplyDelete