Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lotsa changes

Came home from Wood Badge on Sunday night to find something I'd never considered would ever be there. A new computer! The old one, which I'd been trying to convince Steve needed replacing, finally died and Steve decided that since he was trying to find work it would be a good idea to replace it. Ya think? Anyway, new computer was a very nice surprise when I got home. Eric had helped him set it up, all but a modem which had to be ordered since they don't come standard anymore.

Then the second surprise. A message to call my boss. The person in charge of Noogieland (and the mom of the child I've had there since I started, 3 1/2 years now, plus his sister) took a new job and will be leaving. Now this is the only job I'm qualified for at Gilda's so it holds the possibility of change for me.

As of now they're only going to give me one of the evening groups on a trial basis. They are looking at how they want to structure her responsibilities so I probably just wouldn't step into her role. I'm thinking they want to preserve me with the kids. Down to one though when the other two leave. So mixed feelings for me there. Plus the night they want me to cover is Wednesday so I have to give up Awana. That makes me feel bad as they are pretty short staffed this year.

So the next day brought the third surprise, best of all. Steve was hired by AeroTek to work at ADAC Automotive as a designer. He started yesterday and so far so good. He says its a nice "normal" place as opposed to where he came from and he thinks he'll get along great. I'm so glad for him. And realize that we have been so blessed in this, for him to only be out of work three weeks. This is contract work for now but pretty much guaranteed to turn into direct employment in about six months or so. Doing the happy dance!

So this has been a week of surprises. Looking forward to a relatively quiet Labor Day weekend. Just a few ticket counseling sessions over the weekend with Wood Badge participants, then heading back up to camp next Thursday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment